Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Outpatient continues

I am almost done with outpatient! Actually this rotation has been by far the best. I have learned a great deal by listening to counseling sessions and actually counseling by myself as well. I also went to an ALS center and got to see ALS/PLS patients and saw the nutrition counseling side of that as well. I sat in on doctor visits for 2 days with a holistic doctor, so I got to see different patients with various diseases and also a different counseling style. Yesterday I sat in on a weight loss program run by the preceptors. I think it would have been interesting if i were there from the beginning of the program and see how people respond. I think I would want to do some outpatient but maybe not as a full time job...
Next post will be WIC!

No comments: