Saturday, February 14, 2009

Long Term Care

I am doing my Long term care rotation at the same location I did institutional food service at the Long Island State Veteran's Home. I actually really enjoy this rotation and have learned more than any other rotations. I have only been there for 4 days and I am already writing assessments/notes on my own. It also helps that all the dietitians there are VERY helpful and nice. I love working with them... which i believe is important when i find a job. Long term care is nice because you can get to know the residents and follow their prognosis as opposed to a hospital where the turnover rate is much faster. Although clinical has not been my top choice (besides outpatient) I am enjoying long term care. Perhaps because I am actually applying what i have learned in the past few years to my work.

No comments: